Saturday, December 2, 2006

Where have I been?

Ok so it's been a few weeks, I apologize for not keeping up with this blog, but I'm back and ready to type. So before this little "vacation" from "The Learning Annex" blog, I was on my way to Ron LeGrand's class on Flipping Real Estate. Well I must say that Ron is one smart man and his story is pretty incredible. He was a car mechanic in a job (Just Over Broke) - yep unfortunately that's what it stands for for most people. Anyhow, he was quite broke and came across a real estate seminar. He decided to go for it and while he failed at first he is now doing quite well and wants to teach others to do the same. Ron showed us how to find old broken down looking homes, buy them under contract, rehab them, then flip them. We went through quite a number of different ideas and he firmly believes that as a house flipper you're not to write big checks, ever. The most that should be put out is $10. So any of my house flippers out there agree or disagree with this? Who out there has been to a real estate boot camp?

No comments: